Twinny's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's not goodbye forever....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cody Rhodes
Unified Tag Team Champion
Cody Rhodes

It's not goodbye forever.... Empty
PostSubject: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Cody did his best to look normal as he slowly walked in behind Ted, deftly ignoring anyone who tried to talk to him. Tonight was going to be the hardest night of his professional career...because tonight he had to tell everyone, the roster, Randy, and especially the WWE Universe, that he had cancer.
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm

"You okay baby-boy?" Ted asked. "We don't have to do this yet if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Cody shook his head "We can't put this off anymore" he whispered "I can't wrestle anymore as it is, if I stick around without doing anything, you know people are going to start asking questions. I just...I just want to get it out there, before things get any worse."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Ted nodded.

"Just remember, you aren't doing this alone, I'll be right there with you," Ted said.
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 pm

"I'm glad" Cody murmured, squeezing his fiance's hand tightly for support "Could we go see Randy first? I don't want him to hear about this from anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm

"OF course," Ted said. "You know he'd have my head if I let him hear from anyone but us!"
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Randy was talking with Hunter and Shawn when Ted and Cody walked in. Seeing the legendary Heartbreak Kid, Cody froze, all his fears about how everyone would react to the news coming back in full force. But it was too late to back out, Randy had seen them come in,

"Ted, Cody" his eyes narrowed at the paleness in Cody's face "Is everything okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Ted looked at Cody for a moment before he spoke.

"No Rand, Cody and I have something we need to tell you," Ted said.
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 pm

"Randy, I...I..." Cody took a deep breath "I have lymphoma, I have cancer."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 pm

"This is Cody's last night for a while," Ted explained. "It's too dangerous for him to continue wrestling like this."
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Everyone had gotten to their feet and Cody instinctively inched closer to Ted when Randy walked up to him,

"Why didn't you tell me?" the Viper murmured and Cody was surprised to see hurt in the older man's eyes,

"We...we'd hoped..." he stuttered "That maybe the vitamin therapy would keep this at bay, but it's just not helping. I'm starting chemotherapy next week."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:16 pm

"That's only going to increase the danger Cody's facing," Ted said.
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:46 pm

"I'm just here to say goodbye" Cody murmured, not daring to look anyone in the face "Because I'm not sure when I'll be coming back."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 pm

"And, Cody I didn't tell you this before but, you're not the only one leaving tonight, I'm going with you," Ted said.
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:58 pm

"Teddy no!" Cody turned to look at his fiance as the others began to voice their opinions "I know you love me, but don't give up your career! You LIVE for this business!"
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

"Not anymore I don't," Ted said. He took Cody's hands in his and turned the smaller man to face him. "I live for you and Maddie now baby-boy."
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Cody smiled and then turned to look at Randy, whose expression was unreadable as always,

"I also wanted to say" he murmured "That wrestling with you, and all of you" he looked back to Hunter and Shawn "Was an honor."

He looked to Ted and nodded "I'm ready to tell the world now."
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 pm

"Okay," Ted whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 pm

The crowd booed like it always did when Legacy walked out, but the shouts weren't as loud, because it looked like Cody was having trouble walking and Ted had to help him into the ring. When the music stopped, the crowd fell silent in genuine curiosity as to what Cody and Ted would have to say.

Teddy gave Cody the mic and the brunette waited a minute before he began to address the packed arena,

"As many of you may or may not know" he slowly spoke "I have not wrestled for nearly a month and it's time I revealed the reason why." He took Ted's hand for support before murmuring "Almost half a year ago I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer that is basically destroying my immune system."

The crowd exploded into cries of dismay, many of the fans had burst into tears, overwhelmed by the bombshell Cody had dropped on them all.

Cody waited until the noise settled again before he continued "Tonight is the last time you will see me in the ring for a while. I will be starting chemotherapy within the week, and it has become too dangerous for me to wrestle. I can't...." his voice began to shake "I can't promise you that I'll come back. But I will try my very best, thank you and God bless you."

Cody handed the mic to Ted, who had his own announcement to make.
Back to top Go down
Ted DiBiase Jr
Ted DiBiase Jr

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Ted took the mic and waited a moment before he spoke as well.

"Tonight isn't only Cody's last night for a while, it's mine as well," Ted said. "As soon as Cody begins chemo, things are going to get incredibly hard for him, and he's going to need someone to help him throught this." "I promised him that'd I'd be that person, so as long as Cody's gone, I will be too."
Back to top Go down
Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

The entire arena gave Ted and Cody a standing ovation as they walked back up the ramp. Cody turned before they reached the curtain and waved to the crowds, hoping and praying that this wasn't the last time the world saw the Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not goodbye forever....   It's not goodbye forever.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's not goodbye forever....
Page 1 of 1