Twinny's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seasons of Love

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Cohen

Seasons of Love Empty
PostSubject: Seasons of Love   Seasons of Love I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 am

*beep beep beep* *beep beep beep*

Mark poked his head out of the covers and growled at the beeping alarm clock. He already had a splitting headache, the digital noise was only making it worse.
"Stupid piece of machinery" Mark muttered as he reached out and shut the alarm off. He had an hour to get to work at Buzz Line, but as he lay back in bed and looked up at the exposed ceiling of the loft he shared with Roger, he really wanted nothing more than to turn over and go back to bed. Speaking of his roommate....Mark looked around and realized that he had the massive apartment to himself, Roger was nowhere to be seen.

"Roger?" he called hesitantly, just to make sure he was alone. When no one answered, he tentatively got out of bed and shuffled out of the partitioned bedroom into the main living area, it was really too massive to be called anything else. When he got to the overstuffed sofa, he saw a note on the seat written in Roger's scrawling handwriting:
"Mark" it read "Mimi and I went out for a while, be back this afternoon. Roger"

The redhead relaxed when he finished reading the note, at least he knew who Roger was with, but somehow he didn't feel any better. Then he realized that he didn't feel any better because his stomach was doing it's best to wring itself inside out. His headache was worse than ever and as Mark stumbled back to bed he realized that there was no way he'd survive the ride to work, let alone get anything done. He picked up the phone and reluctantly dialed his boss's number.

"Hey Lexie...." he croaked, wincing at how awful he sounded "Yea...yea I'm sick, not coming in today." he listened for a moment and then nodded "Thanks Lexie, I'll see you in a few days then." He hung up and fell back into bed. Lexie might be the symbol of all he resented in life, but she was still a decent boss, at least when one of her employees was sick. He briefly thought about calling around to see if he could get a hold of Roger, but before he could make up his mind who to call first, his mind shut down and he drifted off into an uneasy slumber.
Back to top Go down

Seasons of Love
Page 1 of 1